Roy Terry Reserve
Roy Terry Reserve
Roy Terry Reserve is located at the end of Bromhall Road, Bundanoon, where it joins Penola St. It is not designated a park, being an easement leading to a small pumping station. But it does provide an area of open, treed space for local residents to enjoy. The area is mown by the Water and Sewerage Department of Wingecarribee Shire Council, but the Convenor of the Sub-Committee who is charged with looking after the Reserve oversees its condition and appearance with particular attention to rubbish, to some mowing, and to damage to trees, and where necessary reports on any of these matters to the Council.
Terry’s Bundanoon Park Bowling Club. The family plaque goes on “Roy dedicated his life to the property, his family, and the Bundanoon community.” Roy Terry died in 1981. There is a plaque in the Roy Terry Reserve dedicated to the memory of Roy Leslie Terry, which was set up by his family. They described him as a “tireless worker who loved his land”. The land surrounding the reserve was formerly Terry’s Royal Park Golf Links, a superb 18-hole golf course, plus adjacent farmland. It was founded in 1934 by Roy’s uncle, Roger Terry, and from 1945 to 1988 it was operated and owned by Roy and his wife Jean. Over the years many improvements were made including the addition of a six-rink bowling green, which was opened in 1949 as Terry’s Bundanoon Park Bowling Club. The family plaque goes on “Roy dedicated his life to the property, his family, and the Bundanoon community.” Roy Terry died in 1981.
BCA INC SECRETARY
Bundanoon Community Association PO Box 12 Bundanoon NSW 2578 Email: email@example.com
BCA MONTHLY MEETINGS
We pay respect to the Traditional Custodians and acknowledge their continued connection to their country and culture.